Sunday, January 12, 2020

 HOW A TINY INSECT WAS USED TO TRACE THE ORIGINS OF HUMAN CLOTHING.
Published article

More than a decade ago, I was attending a seminar at NCBS when Prof. Mark Stoneking spoke of this subject. The way it blended my two major fascinations - molecular biology with history/prehistory - almost got me spellbound. Starry eyed, I got past my inhibitions and asked him a few questions at the tea time. The topic stayed at the back of my mind and years later when I was asked to write something on human evolution, this popped up from the files of long-term memory.

I got in touch with Prof. Stoneking  for expert-advice. For someone of his stature, he was so polite and helpful.

It was first published by SciWri and later by THEWIRE.

https://thewire.in/science/tiny-insect-used-trace-origins-human-clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 স্কুল খুলুক, সঙ্গে হাওয়া বাতাস খেলুক ক্লাসঘরে ('এই সময়' সংবাদপত্রে প্রবন্ধ -  ২২শে সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০২১)      সোজাসাপ্টা অপ্রিয়   সত...